Evaluation of yield potential, silviculture and germplasm options for a greenfield softwood sawlog project
- Client: Timbercorp
Detailed modelling analysis yield potential, silviculture and germplasm options for a greenfield softwood sawlog project. This project employed the "Forecaster" model to assess:
- The principle silvicultural regime options that align with the most viable wood product strategies
- The yield by log grade and relative economics for each wood product strategy
- Operational and risk management advantages and disadvantages in the application of the regime options
- The modelling allowed the interaction of improved genetics and silviculture on both increased yield and increased grade recovery to be explored, and impacts on project economics to be evaluated.
(Under sub-contract to MBAC Consulting Group)
Benefit to Client:
This project provided the client with a detailed strategic analysis of the most appropriate mix of genetics, silviculture and wood product options to maximise project returns, and improve overall project attractiveness to investors.
- Market Sector: Renewable resources - agriculture, grazing and forestry
- Forest and fodder crops
- Tree and crop improvement
- General land, water and vegetation technical services
- Location: Western Australia
- Year: 2007