Beneficial re-use of effluent, landscape salinity rehabilitation and soil remediation using Saltgrow hybrid eucalypts and recycled organics
- Client: Lachlan Shire Council
Establishment of woodlots aimed at:
- assisting in the reclamation of saline affected areas of the landscape;
- providing a productive option for disposal of treated sewage effluent;
- delivering a commercial return from future timber harvest, and
- providing information on the variation in clone suitability for the sites tested.
Benefit to Client:
This project provided the client with a commercial and aesthetically pleasing solution to management of dry land salinity problems, and provided a beneficial use for management of effluent waste water.
- Market Sector: Municipal and Urban
- Irrigated forest & fodder crops for beneficial use of waste water
- Groundwater and salinity management
- Tree and crop improvement
- Location: NSW
- Year: 2001 - 2004