Seed collection and germination trials
- Monitoring of flowering times for SEVT species of importance for mine site rehabilitation
- Collection of seed from desired species
- Development of germination protocols for difficult to germinate species
- Production of tubestock for site rehabilitation works.
Benefit to Client:
The project has established flowing and fruiting times for SEVT species of importance in mine site rehabilitation, and enabled the client to develop germination protocols for recalcitrant species. This in turn will support improved species diversity in SEVT rehabilitation works.
- Market Sector: Mining
- Mine site, tailings dam and degraded land rehabilitation
- General land, water and vegetation technical services
- Research Services
- Location: Queensland
- Year: 2012 - 2013