Beneficial Use Plan review
Contribution to preparation of a beneficial use plan including:
- Advice on irrigation water quality requirements for sustainable irrigation specific to target soil types
- Review of risks and critical design parameters.
The client wished to avoid a protracted regulatory approval process for a large-scale project for beneficial-use of coal seam gas water.
Verterra was engaged to review the client’s draft beneficial use application for irrigated plantation cropping. Verterra applied a combination of sound scientific rationale and a detailed understanding of the relevant regulatory framework to ensure that the application was both scientifically rigorous and addressed important regulatory requirements necessary to facilitate a smooth approval process.
Benefit to Client:
The project drew on Verterra's experience in regulatory expectations and expertise in irrigated systems to refine a beneficial use plan in preparation for submission to the regulator.
- Market Sector: Oil and Gas
- Irrigated forest & fodder crops for beneficial use of waste water
- Soil surveying and land capability assessment
- Project approval, permitting and regulatory services
- Location: Queensland
- Year: 2012