Site inspection and plantation feasibility: Lowmead properties
- Client: Jagen Nominees
Feasibility assessment for 400 ha commercial forestry development involving:
- desktop assessment of climate suitability
- field assessment of soil type and conditions by pit sampling
- evaluation of species and product options
- review of regulatory requirements
- growth modelling of expected productivity rates
- economic evaluation of expected costs and returns
- recommendations on project feasibility and further investment.
This report, comprising Stage 1 of the program, seeks to undertake a feasibility investigation and advise on the preferred forestry species and product options for the properties.
Benefit to Client:
The project provided professional forestry services to the client in relation to plantation development on a target property in a staged program. This enabled the client to progressively build confidence in the feasibility of forestry development. It ultimately saved the client considerable cost by recommending that forestry development did not proceed at the end of Stage 1.
- Market Sector: Finance and Investment
- Forest and fodder crops
- General land, water and vegetation technical services
- Project commercial services
- Location: Queensland
- Year: 2007